BREAKING NEWS

Saturday 19 September 2020

Facebook Search Friends List order | How Facebook Friends Result are Displayed

 Facebook Search Friends List order
 

  Facebook Search Friends List order | How Facebook Friends Result are Displayed

Facebook allows you to view all of your account's Facebook friends and also organisation Colleagues as long as you are visited.

How does Facebook determine the friends list order?
I'm trying to figure out the Facebook friends algorithm. Because I'm nosy.

So, I know that Facebook never gives away the game when it comes to who looks at your profile, but I'm curious. In my friends list (on Timeline), there is definitely some sort of hierarchical order, most of my good friends being at the top. When I look at other friends' lists, THEIR good friends are at the top (sometimes me, hurrah!).

This leads me to believe it's a "people you interact most with" algorithm, which seems straightforward. However - some people that I rarely interact with, when I click on their list, have ME very near/at the top. Which makes me think, huh. In what sort of way does Facebook think WE have been interacting? i.e. are these people 'stalking' me? (Not using this term seriously of course).

I thought that maybe the friends list is a subjective list tailored to the viewer, rather than an objective list, but this seems not to be the case. Often on friend's lists, people who I have never interacted with/viewed their profile are at the top, and they're people I know to be good friends with the person.

I'm just curious, and have too much time in my hands, I know. But it seems like there is some sort of secret information that Facebook is subtly giving away here and I want to know what it is, dammit. Does anybody have any insider information?

Subscribe to this technology website- www.trendinghome.blogspot.com
Facebook has an embedded algorithm that keeps track of how you interact with your friends and then sorts accordingly. Source

While the exact ranking algorithm is secret, it does consider the following factors:

  • How often you visit your friends' profiles
  • How often you click on your friends' links
  • Photos/tags in common
  • Common groups / associations
  • Mutual Friends
  • How often you search for friends
  • Relative popularity (how popular your friends are amongst your mutual connections)

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2021 360 Degree Technology. Designed by 360Degree Tech